Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mother Tongue Week at SWA


This week is Mother Tongue week at SWA and i would like to share some of my favorite photographs from this celebration with you. Tuesday was Asia day and it was my favorite day. Asia is such a dynamic region with a rich diversity of cultures and traditions. Jessica and Hy Neon did a fantastic job of teaching the girls the traditional Korean fan dance, they all looked spectacular in their brightly coloured traditional dresses called Han Boks.


The teachers led by Ms Lucy also put on a spectacular display as they performed the Chinese fan dance. Fan dances are very popular in asian countries dating back 4000 years. in Australia we didn't have fans then only boomerangs!

I look forward to reading your comments and hearing about your favorite day during the Mother Tongue celebrations.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This mother tongue celebration is fantastic. I like the chinese fan dance the most, I also made a few paragraph describing about the chinese fan dance.

    This mother tongue week reminds me of my cousin that has long stayed in Australia. I like Australia, I am always curious what is it like...

    I am looking forward to go for a badminton Australian competition in september wish me luck...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this post because Mother Tongue week was a lot of fun. Many different kinds of people gathered together and sing, dance and lots of things.

    This Mother Tongue week was interesting and even though, it was the first time, it organized well and many people looked happy and enjoyed during Mother Tongue week.

    This was just great and I am looking forward to have next Mother Tongue Week next year. I hope to see many countries' traditional dance and many unique things only those countries have.

    ReplyDelete